Huawei announced the launch of Cloud & AI Innovation lab at the Huawei Cloud Summit 2019 in Singapore last April 25.
The lab will serve as a venue to train local AI talents. It will also act as a conduit to the other Cloud and AI technologies across the globe.
The lab will be working closely with local universities and enterprises in order to deepen AI R&D. Cloud & AI Innovation lab will provide them with resources such as robots and AI development kits in order to aid them in their research. With more people enabled to participate in various projects supported by the lab, Huawei envisions that more AI innovations and talent will be discovered.
According to Edward Deng, President of Huawei Cloud Global Market, “Huawei Cloud attaches great importance to development in Singapore and the Asia Pacific. Huawei Cloud provides industry-leading full-stack intelligent cloud services to bring together government, universities, enterprises, and partners to innovate, and to help accelerate their intelligent transformation.”
The summit also witnessed the signing of Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) with companies in the Asia-Pacific. This aims to strengthen the connections of the market when it comes to cloud computing and AI.
Edward Deng also cited four core advantages of Huawei Cloud which they would use to accelerate developments in AI technologies:
- Powering digital transformation. Huawei predicts that most companies will have embraced the cloud by 2025. Their AI innovations will serve as an asset in the competition in the market. Some of the benefits cited of integrating AI and the Cloud include,
- Helping enterprises enhance IT and business operations efficiency, increase production capacity
- Reducing CAPEX and OPEX
- Improving business agility.
- Optimal choice for cloud migration. Huawei claims that the Huawei Cloud-AI integration is the optimal choice for migration of business to the cloud. According to Deng, “ It enables some remarkable core business value, including high efficiency, low cost, top security, and freeing agility.”
- Experience. Huawei Cloud has been involved in over 300 AI projects in across multiple industries, accumulating vast knowledge in AI computing and algorithms.
- Reliability. According to Deng, Huawei Cloud has earned the trust of the companies when it comes to their services. In Deng’s words, “As a neutral and trusted cloud partner, HUAWEI CLOUD provides customers with cloud services that comply with security and compliance requirements at home and abroad.”
Apart from the announcement of the cloud’s launch, Huawei Cloud also announced the launch of its “Go-China/Go-Global” plan. According to Huawei, this would help the development of worldwide, exclusive services for enterprises, which include:
- ARM cloud service for mobile phones.
- High-defense IP addresses providing service traffic isolation and DDoS attack prevention.
- Cloud video services with ultra-low distribution costs.
- Cloud video service – ensure continued clear broadcast in sub-par network conditions.
- HD live broadcast for low-speed networks.
What these mean for us is increased security. This would also increase our connectivity with other users. Apart from this announcement. Huawei released three flagship cloud services in the summit:
- New-generation ECS C6, the industry’s first new-generation Intel® Xeon® Cascade Lake processor, leading industry computing performance by 15% and able to provide 10 million PPS in network performance.
- Object Storage Service (OBS). This utilizes unique HUAWEI CLOUD algorithms to achieve the highest performance in the industry. Single-stream bandwidth reaches 2.4 Gbps, one bucket supports billions of objects, and data reliability reaches 99.99%, meeting long-term storage requirements for massive volumes of data.
- The new-generation high-performance distributed Taurus database has seven times the performance of native MySQL databases. It supports cross-AZ deployment and delivers an impressive 128 TB of in storage, meeting the requirements of the financial industry. This solution provides the massive-scale storage needed in high throughput conditions for carriers and large enterprises.
These, on the other hand, will augment the current computing power and cloud capabilities of a wide array of enterprises.
With all these innovations, we see a bright future ahead of cloud computing and AI technologies.