Equinix, Inc., the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that the IDC MarketScape has recognized it as a leader in Worldwide Colocation and Interconnection Services 2019-2020 vendor assessment (doc #US4517419, December 2019). This assessment covers nine key colocation service providers worldwide and is based on current and future capabilities with a view of presenting a comprehensive analysis of enterprise requirements.
The report is IDC’s first-ever assessment of the colocation and interconnection services vendor market using the IDC MarketScape model. It is a key milestone in the evolution of the data center and networking industry, as it reflects the demand for colocation and interconnection.
The recognition of Equinix as a leader in the first IDC MarketScape report for colocation and interconnection services leadership, underscores the value of Platform Equinix® and highlights the competitive advantages that Equinix believes it has over its competitors.
- As a result of this evaluation, Equinix was named a leader in the Worldwide Colocation and Interconnection Services assessment. Specifically, the report highlights the following strengths:
- Evolution: The IDC MarketScape report cites that Equinix has an optimistic outlook for future growth and is well poised to take advantage of emerging IT innovation over the next few years.
- Innovation: Equinix was recognized for the inherent value of Platform Equinix and the competitive advantage that the company has developed over its competitors, as well as a solid investment strategy and a proven record of innovation.
- Sustainability: The report recognizes Equinix as a leader in leveraging sustainable energy sources and innovations. Equinix was the first data center company to publish a comprehensive ESG sustainability report, based on GRI standards, and has also established a goal of implementing 100% clean and renewable energy. The company is an adopter of the VPPA approach to the acquisition of large-scale renewable energy and reports annually on its sustainability efforts and achievements through the report website: http://sustainability.equinix.com/
- The IDC MarketScape report says companies should consider Equinix when they are a global enterprise or service provider that needs to remove the distance between users, cloud services, ecosystem partners and customers across their edge to meet the high-performance and low-latency demands of digital. As companies transform their architecture to become digital ready, the IDC MarketScape report recommends Equinix for companies looking to optimize their network, scale across strategic locations, simplify hybrid multicloud access, distribute security controls to manage risk, or distribute data and analytics to optimize edge computing needs.
View full report here:
- IDC MarketScape report names Equinix a Leader on Colo & Interconnection – [analyst report]
- Global Interconnection Index Vol. 3 – [report]