openGauss is an open source relational database management system, which leveraged years of Huawei’s industry experience at database. We believe the magic of open source community will collaborate more developers to join in and co-work to design an enterprise open source database community which will support heterogeneous architect.
From our partners:
The openGauss kernel was derived from PostgreSQL and focused on building advance features for architecture, transactions and storage engines with performance optimization. It is deeply optimized for ARM architecture and retains compatibility with x86 architecture. openGauss features:
- Multi-core architecture for concurrency control, NUMA-aware storage engines, and SQL-Bypass (for intelligent path selection). openGauss delivers up to 1.5 million TPMC in the 128-cores scenario with 2 Kunpeng processors.
- Quick failover with a recovery time objective (RTO) of less than 10s and whole stage data protection for security and reliability.
- Intelligent parameter tuning, slow SQL diagnosis, multi-dimensional performance self-monitoring, and online SQL execution prediction for significantly simplified O&M.
The Mulan PSL v2 license of openGauss allows developer to modify, use, and reference code. The openGauss community has also set up a technical committee to encourage developers to contribute source code and documents.
Huawei has announced the strategy of “open hardware, open source software, and partner enablement”. It supports partners in building their commercial release version based on openGauss to continuously increase their competitive strength.
openGauss is a key part of the database infrastructure. Huawei will continue to work with developers and partners in building the openGauss community for a prosperous global ecosystem.
Visit the official website of the openGauss open source community: https://opengauss.org/en/
Developer code hosting platform: https://gitee.com/opengauss
Huawei Partners with Open Source Organizations for a Thriving Community Worldwide
- Huawei has remained dedicated to promoting open source ecosystem around the world.
Huawei serves as top level members of several major open source foundations. It is a Platinum Member of the Linux Foundation, Platinum Sponsor of the Apache Foundation, Platinum Member of the OpenStack Foundation, and Strategic Member of the Eclipse Foundation.
- Huawei is an active contributor to open source communities and projects. Developers from Huawei currently are holding more than 200 roles in major open source community, including TSC, PMC, PTL, Maintainer, and Committer. Huawei also has board member representatives for more than 10 open source foundations and serve for many projects.
Huawei’s contributions rank:
– No. 4 in the Linux kernel community, which is the world’s largest open source community
– No. 5 in the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF)
– No. 5 in the Docker community
- Huawei contributes extensively with basic software to various projects in the open source community, including:
– openEuler: Linux distribution
– MindSpore: Deep learning framework
– SODA: Intelligent platform for open data autonomy
– Apache CarbonData: Big data
– Apache ServiceComb: Microservice
– CNCF KubeEdge: Edge computing framework
– CNCF Volcano: High-performance scheduling engine
For enquiries, product placements, sponsorships, and collaborations, connect with us at [email protected]. We'd love to hear from you!
Our humans need coffee too! Your support is highly appreciated, thank you!