The holiday shopping season is approaching, and many retailers will be participating in Black Friday sales. This guide can help you figure out where and how to shop to find the best bargains.
Many shoppers look forward to Black Friday and Cyber Monday every year. After all, it’s one of the best times to get that holiday shopping list whittled down without breaking the bank. The 2020 holiday shopping season is likely to look a little different than previous years due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In years past, many retailers such as Walmart, Target, and Best Buy started Black Friday deals on Thanksgiving evening, but that will not be the case this year as they will be closed for the holiday.
Even though shopping this year might shift from in-store to online for many, there are still plenty of deals to take advantage of. This guide will walk you through major store closings, the best times to shop, and where to find great deals on smartwatches/fitness trackers, smartphones, headphones, and more. Also, be sure to check out our holiday gift guides for more ideas and product information. TechRepublic will update this article as more information becomes available.
Black Friday 2020: Where and when to shop
According to sister site GameSpot, the following retailers will be closed on Thanksgiving:
- Walmart/Sam’s Club
- Best Buy
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- TJ Maxx
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Office Depot
While Black Friday store hours have not yet been announced for these retailers, Black Friday pricing will be available online much earlier than usual. For example, GameSpot states, “Target has confirmed its first Black Friday deals will start Nov. 1, with ‘Black Friday pricing’ available throughout the entire month.”
Best Buy began offering Black Friday deals during Amazon Prime Day and is still offering Black Friday pricing on hundreds of items. Walmart is also offering deals earlier than usual with its “Deals for Days” event, which started on Walmart.com Wednesday, Nov. 4, with new deals added on Nov. 7 online and in stores. Amazon is running Black Friday deals from Nov. 20 through Nov. 27.
Black Friday deals from Best Buy, Walmart, and Target
The following deals from Best Buy, Walmart, and Target might help you find just the items you’re looking for.
Disclaimer: Please note that these Black Friday sales run for a limited time only; prices are subject to change, and quantities are limited. Dates of availability will be noted in parenthesis if listed on the retailer’s site.
- Laptops – save up to $500 on select laptops
- Samsung Galaxy S20 5G – save up to $750
- Samsung Galaxy Note S20 5G – save up to $750
- Amazon Echo Show 5″ Smart Display with Alexa – $44.99 (save $45)
- Beats by Dr. Dre Solo Pro More Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear Headphones – $169.99 (save $130)
- Lenovo 14″ Chromebook S330 – $199 (save $100)
- Apple 10.9-inch iPad Air Wi-Fi 64GB (Space Gray) – $699.95 (save $139.99)
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 42mm 4G LTE – $259 (save $120)
- Samsung Galaxy Watch (46mm) – $189 (save $90)
- Apple Watch Series 3 GPS (38mm) – $179 (save $20)
- Beats Studio3 Wireless Over-Ear Noise Canceling Headphones – $174.99 (save $175)
- Beats Solo Pro Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear Headphones – $199.99 (save $100)
- Amazon Echo Dot (4th generation) – Smart Speaker with Clock and Alexa – $38.99 (save $21)
- Amazon Echo Dot (4th Gen) – Smart Speaker with Alexa – $28.99 (save $21)
- Amazon Echo (4th Gen) – Smart Home Hub with Alexa – $69.99 (save $30)
For more Black Friday coverage, check out sister sites ZDNet, GameSpot, CNET, ETonline, and Rachel Ray Show.
This feature originally appeared in TechRepublic.
Our humans need coffee too! Your support is highly appreciated, thank you!