What’s New: Intel launched 12th Gen Intel® Core™ processors (code-named Alder Lake S-series and H-series), the first family of processors enhanced for the edge to feature performance hybrid architecture that combines Performance-cores and Efficient-cores with Intel® Thread Director. Enhanced to accelerate Internet of Things (IoT) application innovation, the new processors offer retail, manufacturing, healthcare and digital safety customers increased core counts and advanced graphics/media/display and AI capabilities, as well as a wide range of price, performance and power.
“From enabling rich visual experiences across a variety of clients, to running mixed criticality workloads on a single edge platform, the 12th Gen Intel Core processors empower our customers to take the biggest step yet toward creating a software-defined world at the edge.”
Why It Matters: With the combination of Intel’s new performance hybrid architecture and Intel 7 process technology, the 12th Gen Intel Core processor family delivers key features that set it apart from other solutions available for retail, healthcare, manufacturing and video, including:
From our partners:
- High computing performance and flexibility for heavier IoT workloads.
- Accelerated AI and deep learning capabilities without additional hardware.
- Embedded use condition reliability.
- Enhanced integrated graphics processing units to support 4K and 8K displays.
- Hardware-based security to defend vulnerable IoT devices against attack.
- A strong ecosystem and open-source communities to support multiple operating systems, enabling IoT customers to choose suitable operating systems for their target applications.
About Alder Lake S-series: 12th Gen Intel Core desktop processors for IoT are up to 1.36 times faster in single-thread performance1, up to 1.35 times faster in multithread performance2, up to 1.94 times faster in graphics performance3 and up to 2.81 times faster in GPU image classification inference performance4 compared with 10th Gen Intel® Core™ processors. The 12th Gen Intel Core desktop processors for IoT contain Intel® UHD Graphics 770 driven by Intel® Xe architecture supporting display virtualization and up to four independent displays. Support for PCIe 5.0/PCIe 4.0 and DDR5/DDR4 memory combined with security and manageability features and AI enablement help boost productivity and fuel future innovation in IoT applications. IoT SKUs feature up to 16 cores and 24 threads at 35W to 65W TDP, real-time capabilities, long-life availability and long-term software support.
These processors deliver benefits across a wide range of industries.
- Retail, banking, hospitality and education customers will be able to improve workload convergence, drive value from frictionless point-of-sale and kiosks to improve interactive display experiences.
- Industrial manufacturing customers can take better advantage of industrial PCs, edge servers, advanced controllers, machine vision systems, and virtualized control platforms.
- Healthcare customers will be able to deliver enhanced ultrasound imaging, medical carts, endoscopy and clinical devices at the edge.
- Digital safety and security customers will be able to drive more results from AI box analytics, network video recorders and video walls.
For enquiries, product placements, sponsorships, and collaborations, connect with us at [email protected]. We'd love to hear from you!
Our humans need coffee too! Your support is highly appreciated, thank you!