eero, an Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) company, today introduced eero Pro 6E and eero 6+—the newest additions to the eero 6 series of mesh wifi systems. eero Pro 6E, the first Wi-Fi 6E-enabled eero mesh wifi system, supports network speeds up to 2.3 Gbps, provides coverage for over 100 devices simultaneously, and offers access to the newly-authorized 6 GHz band, all of which ensures more devices can get gigabit+ speeds across your home. eero 6+ is the most affordable gigabit-capable eero system, with access to 160 MHz radio channels for fast connectivity for activities like AR, VR, and 8K streaming; plus, it supports over 75 simultaneously-connected devices. For customers looking for Wi-Fi 6 performance at an affordable price, eero 6 is now available at a starting price of $89.
“Since eero’s beginning a little over eight years ago, we have had a vision to provide every home around the world with wifi that just works,” said Nick Weaver, Co-Founder and CEO of eero. “Wifi has changed a lot since then, and we’ve worked hard to expand our portfolio and make our easy-to-use, fast, secure, and reliable whole-home wifi systems more accessible and affordable for everyone. With the introduction of eero Pro 6E and eero 6+ alongside our existing eero 6 series devices, we’re taking a big step in delivering our highest performing and most affordable wifi systems for everyone.”
eero 6 Series Delivers Wifi for a Variety of Homes and Technology Uses
With the launch of eero Pro 6E and eero 6+, and the availability of eero 6 at a new low price, there is now an eero 6 system for every kind of home and technology need:
- eero Pro 6E. The first Wi-Fi 6E-enabled eero mesh wifi system and newest tri-band offering, eero Pro 6E sets a new standard for top-of-the-line eero performance with support for over 100 devices simultaneously. Capable of supporting network speeds up to 2.3 Gbps (a gigabit wired and 1.3 Gbps wireless), eero Pro 6E supports gigabit+ wifi speeds across your home and leverages the newly-authorized 6 GHz band to provide access to a new, spacious wifi “traffic lane” to enable faster speeds and less congestion across your home network. With 1 x 2.5 GbE and 1 x 1.0 GbE Ethernet ports on each device, eero Pro 6E can support multigigabit internet plans. And with the additional wifi bandwidth of 160 MHz radio channels, eero Pro 6E supports fast connectivity for activities like AR, VR, and 8K streaming. A single eero Pro 6E covers up to 2,000 square feet; a 2-pack covers up to 4,000 square feet; and a 3-pack covers up to 6,000 square feet.
- eero 6+. The most affordable eero gigabit system ever, eero 6+ enables premium wifi performance without a premium price tag. The latest dual-band offering from eero is ideal for internet service plans up to a gigabit and offers coverage for over 75 devices simultaneously. Each device has 2 x 1.0 GbE ports for gigabit wired connectivity and also provides access to the 160 MHz radio channel for faster wireless connectivity than prior eero dual-band offerings. A single eero 6+ covers up to 1,500 square feet; a 2-pack covers up to 3,000 square feet; and a 3-pack covers up to 4,500 square feet.
- eero 6 at a new low price. Now, starting at $89, eero 6 gives you Wi-Fi 6 speeds at an affordable price. The award-winning eero 6 mesh system is perfect for homes with internet connections up to 500 Mbps and provides coverage for over 75 devices simultaneously. A single eero 6 is a dual-band mesh Wi-Fi 6 router with two Ethernet ports and covers up to 1,500 square feet. A 2-pack covers up to 3,000 square feet and includes an eero 6 mesh router and eero 6 mesh wifi extender. A 3-pack covers up to 4,500 square feet, and includes an eero 6 and two eero 6 mesh wifi extenders.
Additional eero 6 Series Features and Benefits
All eero 6 series devices work with your existing internet service and offer several features to unlock your wifi’s potential, including:
- Easy to set up. Setting up your new eero takes just minutes with in-app instructions. Simply unplug your old router and connect your eero router to your modem. Sign in to the app, and you’re ready to go—no expertise required.
- Backward compatible. eero 6 series devices are backward compatible with previous generation eero devices, and you can easily expand your network by adding more eero devices when your wifi needs change. You can also swap your existing eero gateway with a newer eero router without tearing down your existing network.
- TrueMesh. All eero devices use patented eero TrueMesh networking technology to intelligently route network traffic to reduce congestion, buffering, and drop-offs, so you can stream in 4K, play games, and video conference with ease.
- Easy to manage your network. You can use the eero app to manage your network, pause the internet, share your network with friends or guests, and more—whether you’re at home or on the go. With the eero skill for Alexa, you can use an Alexa-enabled device or the Alexa app to manage eero features with your voice. For example, simply say, “Alexa, ask eero to pause Tommy’s profile” to pause internet access on all devices in Tommy’s profile.
- Frustration-Free Setup. After linking your eero account with your Amazon account, enabled devices instantly join the network and stay connected when you change your network name or password.
- Seamlessly manage your smart home. Featuring a built-in Zigbee smart home hub, all eero 6 series devices can connect compatible smart home devices on your network with Alexa, so you don’t need a separate Zigbee hub. eero 6 devices can also act as a Thread border router to provide interoperability with Matter-certified devices.
- Safe and secure wifi. eero is constantly working to help keep your network safe and secure. Automatic software updates provide the latest security patches, bug fixes, and feature upgrades. With eero Secure+, you can add advanced online security features and parental controls, along with three top-rated security apps: 1Password for password management, Malwarebytes for malware protection, and Encrypt.me for VPN.
- Free customer support. Our expert wifi troubleshooters are ready to help by phone or email seven days per week for the life of your eero devices.
Pricing and Availability
eero 6 series devices are available at eero.com, Amazon.com, and leading retailers. eero Pro 6E is now available for $499 (2-pack) and $699 (3-pack). The eero Pro 6E one-pack is available for pre-order for $299. eero 6+ is now available for $239 (2-pack) and $299 (3-pack). The eero 6+ 1-pack is available for pre-order for $139. eero 6 is now available at new low prices including $89 (1-pack), $139 (2-pack), and $199 (3-pack). For advanced online security, eero Secure+ is available for $9.99 per month.
The new eero 6 series devices will also be available to customers through participating internet service providers, custom installation professionals, and homebuilders.
The first mesh home wifi system, eero blankets any home in reliable and secure wifi. eero offers advanced online security tools, eero Secure and eero Secure+, to help protect personal data, devices, and networks from online threats. Available through participating retailers and internet service providers in various countries around the world, eero is simple to set up, even easier to manage, and improves over time with regular, automatic software updates. Founded in 2014 by Amos Schallich, Nate Hardison, and Nick Weaver, eero is an Amazon company. For more information, visit eero.com.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth’s Most Customer-Centric Company, Earth’s Best Employer, and Earth’s Safest Place to Work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
Source: Amazon.com, Inc.