Founded in 2012, SingleStoreDB is a distributed SQL, cloud-native database that offers ultra-fast, low-latency access to large datasets — simplifying the development of modern enterprise applications. And by combining transactional (OLTP) and analytical (OLAP) workloads, SingleStoreDB introduces new efficiencies into data architecture.
We are a multicloud database, meaning that our customers can launch SingleStoreDB on any cloud infrastructure they choose. At the same time, our alignment with Google Cloud has been foundational to our success.
Let me tell you about how Google Cloud Marketplace has helped us grow our business from a startup in 2011 to one that 12 Fortune 50 companies and half of the top 10 banks in the U.S. rely upon today.
Filling a critical data niche to accelerate business value
First, let’s talk about why companies choose to use SingleStoreDB alongside Google Cloud and other IT solutions.
SingleStoreDB on Google Cloud is ideal for data-intensive applications with these five key requirements:
- Query latency — Execute and receive query results with millisecond latencies second
- Concurrency — Support a large number of users or concurrent queries, without sacrificing latency
- Query complexity — Handle both simple and complex queries
- Data size — Effortlessly operate over large data sets
- Data ingest speed — Load (or ingest) data at very high rates, from thousands to millions of rows per second
Every customer approaches IT differently. Many are either taking a multicloud or hybrid approach to their infrastructure. By running on Google Cloud, SingleStoreDB helps customers manage workloads across all clouds and on-prem systems.
We find that many of our customers use SingleStoreDB as a single-pane view into all their data and infrastructure, as well as for data-intensive applications. Because SingleStoreDB is an analytical and transactional database, it shines when handling workloads that require outstanding accuracy and speed.
Especially when it comes to our larger customers, companies increasingly run SingleStoreDB on Google Cloud thanks to the Global Network Backbone. Because Google Cloud owns its global fiber network, we tap into Google’s secure-by-design infrastructure to protect information, identities, applications, and devices. This, alongside the increasing popularity of Google Cloud AI/ML solutions, makes SingleStore on Google Cloud a growing force.
Success on Google Cloud Marketplace
While the partnership between SingleStoreDB and Google Cloud solutions is paramount to our success, the availability of our solution on Google Cloud Marketplace amplifies customer satisfaction.
Google Cloud Marketplace simply makes it easier for partners to sell into Google Cloud customers. Here are some of the advantages we’ve seen since launching on Google Cloud Marketplace:
- Our customers can easily transact and deploy via Marketplace, providing that true Software-as-a-Service feel for SingleStoreDB.
- Transacting through Marketplace counts toward our customers’ Google Cloud commit, which helps partners like us tap into budget that customers are already setting aside for Google Cloud spend.
- Billing and invoicing are intuitive and efficient, as everything is automated through Google Cloud Marketplace. Our customers receive a single, clear invoice from Google covering SingleStoreDB, Google Cloud, and other partner solutions purchased from Marketplace.
- Many of our customers have previously signed the Google Cloud User License Agreement (ULA), which further expedites procurement by speeding up legal reviews.
Transforming how we sell
All of these advantages translate to a powerful change in our sales strategy. We no longer have to get bogged down by numbers and contracts. Instead, we can focus on educating customers about how the use of our solutions on Google Cloud will deliver returns to their business. Co-selling with Google Cloud has benefited our business significantly and provides customers with the best possible experiences.
We have also seen surprising advantages stem from our success on Google Cloud Marketplace. Our product and engineering teams are much more engaged with Google Cloud technologies now, putting a heavy emphasis on new integrations. We’re actively exploring new Dataflow templates, native connectors for BigQuery and Data Studio, and other solutions.
What SingleStoreDB customers are saying
To give you a better idea of how our customers are benefiting, here are some recent comments about running SingleStoreDB on Google Cloud and transacting through Google Cloud Marketplace:
“Our goal has and will always be to build our platform in a way that makes it feel like an on-premise solution. Speed of data processing and delivering are critical to providing this within our solutions. Both Google Cloud and SingleStore have helped us achieve this.” — Benjamin Rowe, Cloud & Security Architect, Arcules
“The SingleStore solution on Google Cloud allows marketing teams using Factors.ai to make more informed data decisions by organizing data in one system and allowing for self-serve analytics.” — Praveen Das, Co-Founder, Factors.ai
At the end of the day, our customer experiences and the business impacts they achieve with our solutions are our most critical KPIs. By partnering with Google Cloud, we have unlimited potential to improve our services to power the next generation of data and analytics applications.
Discover how SingleStore can transform your business on the Google Cloud Marketplace.
By: Rob Weidner (Google Cloud Alliance Lead, SingleStore) and Justin Holzwarth (Product Marketing Manager, Google Cloud Marketplace)
Source: Google Cloud Blog