- Full configurability of what to record, when to record it, and how fast to record it.
- High resolution timestamps of all Controller Area Network (CAN) messages.
- Dynamic application of live log configurations to receive new data points without deploying new software.
For example, properly analyzed engine data enables true predictive maintenance for the first time, which creates the option to repair or replace components before failure happens. Another example would be the evaluation of data regarding the use of certain in-car features with the goal to redesign its interior.
Two other components of the DCP are software updates and remote commands to ECUs. The DCP on Google Cloud enables seamless integration with any vehicle architecture and provides OEMs and suppliers with the platform to manage connected vehicle data at rest and in transit using a proven and secure way on a global scale.
- Damage prevention, improved operation, or development of the next generation of engines with insights from complex analyses that could consider parameters like model, engine type, mileage, overall speed, temperature, air pressure, load, services, and more.
- The combination of electric vehicle battery usage data like charging cycles, engine performance, and battery age with contributing factors as the use of the air conditioning to determine if such factors contribute to hazardous battery conditions and for improved battery development.
- Cross-organization collaboration in R&D by the provision of information on all these metrics and more from real-world driving, like engine knock data and even tire pressure.
Google Cloud’s unified data cloud offering provides a complete platform for building data-driven applications like those from Sibros — from simplified data ingestion, processing, and storage to powerful analytics, AI, ML, and data sharing capabilities — integrated with Google Cloud. With a diverse partner ecosystem and support for multi-cloud, open-source tools and APIs, Google Cloud provides Sibros the portability and the extensibility they need to avoid data lock-in.
“Software has an ever increasing importance in the automotive world, even more so with electric vehicles and new mobility services. Google Cloud is partnering with Sibros to bring their award winning Deep Connected Platform to deliver high frequency, low latency over-the-air software updates, data logging & diagnostics capabilities to our automotive customers, leveraging the security and scale of Google Cloud. This is revolutionizing everything from development cycles to business models and customer relationships.” —Matthias Breunig, Director, Global Automotive Solutions, Google Cloud
Through Built with BigQuery, Google Cloud is helping tech companies like Sibros build innovative applications on Google’s Data Cloud with simplified access to technology, helpful and dedicated engineering support, and joint go-to-market programs.
“Sibros is looking forward to partnering with Google Cloud, which will enable vehicle manufacturers and suppliers to reach the next level in their use of data. Sibros solutions for Deep Data Logging and Updating on the Google Data Cloud, combined with Google BigQuery, will help them to mitigate risks, reduce costs, add innovative products, and introduce value-added use cases.”—Xiaojian Huang, Chief Digital Officer, Software, Sibros
Sibros and Google Cloud are driving Connected Mobility transformation to help our customers accelerate R&D innovation, power efficient operations, and unlock software-defined vehicle use cases with a full stack connected vehicle platform. Click here to learn more about Sibros on Google Cloud.
By: Yemi Falokun (ISV Solutions Architect, Google Cloud) and Albert Lilly (Chief Marketing Office, Sibros)
Source: Google Cloud Blog