Businesses across the Middle East are choosing Google Cloud to help them build applications faster, deliver awesome experiences to their users and transform their business, all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. To meet the needs of our growing customer base, we are excited to announce the new Google Cloud region in Doha is now open. Join us as we celebrate the region’s opening with a launch event on May 22.
The new Doha region is now part of our global network of 37 regions and 112 zones that bring Google Cloud services to over 200 countries and territories worldwide. It also marks the latest milestone in our continued commitment to investing in the Middle East region’s digital landscape, and helps Qatari companies of all sizes and across all industries accelerate their digital transformation.
Cloud on Qatar’s terms
The Qatar National Vision 2030 aims to transform the country into an advanced society capable of achieving sustainable development, and secure a high standard of living for its people for generations to come. The Government of Qatar affirmed that digital transformation is essential to achieving the national vision, helping to foster a knowledge-based economy and transition towards smart cities.
As more businesses and people in Qatar tap into the opportunities technology and digitalization can provide, Google Cloud is ready to help open new doors to opportunity, right from the heart of Doha.
Businesses in Qatar and the region need the capacity to run mission-critical applications at the speed their customers and users expect. This new region is a strong step towards building regional capacity that meets the needs of the Qatari digital economy, from availability and data residency, to digital sovereignty and sustainability.
The new region launches with three zones, allowing users to distribute applications and storage to help protect against service disruptions. The Doha region also launches with a key set of Google Cloud products, including Compute Engine, Cloud Run, Cloud SQL, Google Kubernetes Engine, and Spanner, among others.
Like all Google Cloud regions, the Doha region is connected to Google’s secure network of infrastructure, comprising a system of high-capacity fiber optic cables under land and sea around the world. The new region will bring high-performance, low-latency services and products to organizations across the Middle East.
Jasim Abdulrahman, Group Chief Information Officer, Power International Holding(PIH), said: “As we continue to expand our diversified portfolio of companies, our goal at PIH is to become a data-driven organization that delivers superior experiences to both our employees and customers. The new Google Cloud region that launched in Doha is a game-changer for us. With this new cloud region, our customer data platform will be able to run and store data locally in Qatar, which will drive predictive marketing, digital commerce, and innovation across all sectors, including healthcare. This will not only improve our decision-making processes but will also help us comply with data privacy regulations. By utilizing the new Google Cloud region, we can better address the specific data privacy regulations of Qatar, ultimately enhancing our customers’ experiences. This is an exciting time for PIH as we continue to leverage technology to better serve our customers and advance our organization’s goals.”
Helping Qatar build the future with a transformation cloud
Qatar is poised to become a globally-renowned leader in technology and innovation, and our mission at Google Cloud is to provide a platform that helps transform the way businesses serve their customers.
Our transformation cloud is helping businesses become:
- Smarter: The power of data is helping companies leverage more data and deeper insights to help catalyze transformation. Google Cloud helps make it easy to get more value from structured or unstructured data to solve your most important challenges, make data-driven decisions, and deliver better business outcomes.
- Open: Google Cloud’s design principles are deeply rooted in the belief that a secure, open approach is the best way to empower you to drive differentiated experiences. Our commitment to multicloud, hybrid cloud, and open source unlocks innovation so you can build faster, in any environment.
- Connected: Digital transformation goes beyond technology — it requires the right people and culture. As work continues to shift outside of physical locations, Google Cloud provides the tools to help people be more innovative, productive, and able to make faster decisions.
- Trusted: Google Cloud offers a zero trust architecture to protect data, applications, and infrastructure and a shared responsibility model where we have an active stake in our customers’ security outcomes.
- Sustainable: Google operates the cleanest cloud in the industry, helping customers reduce the carbon emissions of their digital infrastructure. With solutions to measure and manage supply chain, climate and materials risk, we help organizations meet their sustainability targets.
For help migrating to Google Cloud, please contact our local partners. For additional details on Google Cloud regions, please visit our locations page, where you’ll find updates on the availability of additional services and regions. You can always contact us to help you get started or access our many educational resources. We’re excited to see what you build next with Google Cloud.
We’re hosting the Google Cloud region launch event in Doha on May 22 and you’re invited! Join decision makers and developers who are passionate about an accessible, scalable, socially responsible cloud for a unique experience. There, you’ll hear more about how Google Cloud can help your business accelerate its digital transformation journey. Register.
By: Tarek Khalil (Director, Middle East & North Africa, Google Cloud) and Ghassan Kosta (Qatar Country Manager, Google Cloud)
Originally published at Google Cloud Blog
Our humans need coffee too! Your support is highly appreciated, thank you!