Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that RTI Connectivity Pte. Ltd. (RTI) has selected Equinix IBX data centers to extend their connectivity solutions in Tokyo, Japan, and Sydney, Australia.
From our partners:
RTI’s transpacific submarine cable systems are the newest secure long-haul routes interconnecting the Asia-Pacific region and Australia via Guam. The unique design of the new cable systems will improve latency between these continents, while also greatly reducing provisioning timeframes.
Hyperscale cloud providers and enterprise companies are fueling data growth between the Asia-Pacific region and Australia. These customers require alternative paths, enhanced quality of service and cost-effective bandwidth solutions.
RTI selected Equinix IBX data centers due to the company’s expertise in delivering and managing cable landing stations and its access to dense, rich ecosystems of networks, clouds, and financial and IT service providers. Equinix also provides a neutral landing point for submarine cable operators, reducing their costs and time to deploy by simplifying operations at a neutral location.
“RTI’s transpacific cable systems is a great addition to the list of submarine cable systems offered in Equinix, and presents further connectivity options to our customers. We’re proud to facilitate greater business opportunities between Australia and Asia and provide additional enhanced and efficient interconnection options for enterprises and service providers alike, to continue to drive growth of the digital economy between these two growing markets.”
Jeremy Deutsch, President, Equinix Asia-Pacific
- RTI, an experienced cable owner, and its affiliates will soon be completing construction on several new high-fibre capacity cables that will land on Guam. Equinix termination points that are currently live include the following two cable routes:
- Japan-Guam-Australia South Cable System (JGA South) connecting Sydney and Guam with termination into Equinix SY4 IBX in Sydney and with a branch to Australia’s Sunshine Coast.
- Japan-Guam-Australia North Cable System (JGA North) connecting Tokyo and Guam with termination into Equinix TY2 IBX in Tokyo.
- RTI’s transpacific cable systems will further enhance and contribute to the expansion of communications networks from the Asia-Pacific region and Australia, thereby improving network redundancy, ensuring reliable communications and expanding onward connectivity options in Guam. With direct access to JGA South and JGA North in Australia and Japan, Equinix provides its customers with the ability to connect and expand business in both Australia and the Asia-Pacific region.
- Equinix’s strength as a global, carrier-neutral platform and interconnection provider makes it a desirable place for strategic submarine projects to land within Equinix ecosystem hubs. Equinix hosts more than 2,500 cloud and IT service providers on its global interconnection platform, Platform Equinix®. Equinix operates 200+ data centers serving close to 10,000 customers in highly interconnected markets with industry-leading reliability, security, performance and choice of rich digital ecosystems. Currently, Equinix IBX data centers are subsea enabled in 36 metros around the world.
For enquiries, product placements, sponsorships, and collaborations, connect with us at [email protected]. We'd love to hear from you!
Our humans need coffee too! Your support is highly appreciated, thank you!